Friday, May 25, 2012

Paint Colors

Luckily, there isn't much that Mr. C and I need to do to our new house. The house was built in 78' but the previous owners did a good job renovating some of the main areas - like the kitchen, but one thing I definitely wanted to do was paint. The formal living room, dining room, foyer, kitchen and laundry room were all a dark olive green. Of course, Mr. C "loved" the current paint colors {but between you and me, I just don't think he wanted to deal with it} and didn't want to change them.

He was not going to win that battle no matter how much kicking and screaming he did! I didn't want to paint just because I didn't like the color, but also because I wanted to make it ours. I have been renting apartments and townhouses for four years - living in the same old boring colors. This is our first home together and I wanted to make it ours, starting with painting! 

Why does picking out a paint color have to be so dog-gone difficult? I think it was one of the most stressful things to do - okay maybe not the most stressful - but it was definitely up there. I searched all over Pinterest and some of my other fav blogs for color inspiration. I bought five samples before finally picking the two perfect colors! Ta-da



   

The Porpoise was used in the kitchen and laundry room. I love gray and it looks so good up against the white cabinets and {as Outkast so cleverly put it} so fresh and so clean. All the other rooms {living room, dinning room and foyer} brightened up with the smokey slate, it no longer looks like we live in a dungeon.  I wish I had some good before pictures, but of course all I had on me at the time was my cell phone {they didn't turn out that well}. Oh well, here are a couple before and after pictures.  Again, I apologize for the bad pics!!

Kitchen -before

Kitchen -after


Dining Room & Living Room -before




Dining Room -after











No comments:

Post a Comment