Sunday, February 20, 2011

Weekend Roundup

There is only one word I can think of to describe this weekend, beautiful. I mean how awesome is it that I got a beach weekend in February - that is one reason why I love living in the sunshine state!!

My SIL, Holly and her husband Graham traveled to the beach this weekend too for a mini family reunion. We always have so much fun when we get together. Saturday was busy, but we fit everything in. We started out the day at the Gumbo Festival. It was so packed and note to anyone planning to go in the future, get there early. The festival started at 10 a.m. and by the time we finally got there at 11 a.m. most of the gumbo was all gone. But that was okay, it gave us an excuse to go to one of our favorite restaurants for lunch, Killer Seafood. My sister and Eli also drove over to the beach for the day, so even though we didn't get any gumbo it was great hang out with my sister for a bit and see a few friends I don't get to see that often.





After lunch, we headed to the beach. Mr. C and I couldn't wait to bring Mags to the beach for the first time.  She loved it. Mags wasn't too sure about the water, but I don't blame her, the water was freezing!  We ended the night at Reagan's for some delicious oysters. They were hmmm good.

This weekend was so relaxing and fun. I can't wait for summertime to get here, however, I know that mother nature probably has one more cold spurt for us before spring gets here!




No comments:

Post a Comment