Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Mediterranean Chicken

I love it when I find an awesome quick and simple recipe, it helps make my life easier. The other day I was on the hunt for a new chicken recipe, so I started browsing some recipes over at You've Got Supper and came across this one, Mediterranean Chicken in a NY Minute. The name said it all and I was hooked! {Side note: If you have never heard of You've Got Supper definitely check it out, I posted about it before here.} Now at first I was a little skeptical to try it because (a) chicken is not Mr. C's fav and (b) he doesn't really care for artichokes - unless of course they are in my sister's crab and artichoke dip. But I decided to go out on a limb and give it at try because (a) I love chicken and artichokes and (b) I was the one doing the cooking.

Well...the hubby put his stamp of approval on it.

via

Ingredients:
4 chicken breast halves, boneless & skinless, 4 oz. each
1 14 oz. can of diced tomatoes, no salt, drained
1 14 oz. frozen artichokes coarsely chopped (I used 1 small jar of the non-frozen)
8 large kalamata olives, pitted halved (these can be kind of $$$, so I used black olives)
2 oz. feta cheese crumbles ( I probably went a little heavy on this...love me some feta)
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. oregano

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Lightly pound chicken just so they are all the even thickness, but don't make them to thin
3. Cut 4 12" squares of foil, place one chicken breast in the center of each piece of foil (it doesn't say to, but after this I seasoned the chicken with a little S&P)
4. Combine the diced tomatoes, artichokes, olives, and feta in a bowl. Top chicken evenly with the mixture. Then, drizzle each with a little of the olive oil and oregano.
5. Seal the chicken in the foil and then place packets on a rimmed baking sheet.
6. Bake for about 22 to 25  or until chicken is cooked.

For a side,  I made yellow rice but couscous would also go nice with this recipe. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment